Staffworks Group is currently seeking a Senior Web Developer in the Cleveland, Ohio area.
The Senior Web Developer is a self-motivated highly technical individual who builds complex interactive applications based on user requirements, usability, accessibility, and security needs. In addition, the Senior Web Developer leads development efforts for assigned projects. Under limited supervision, the Senior Web Developer is able to work through all phases of the application life cycle, develop complex business logic and mentor junior developers. This role is also responsible for working with team leads to develop effort estimates based on customer requirements and hosting technology.
- Create customized applications to enhance website capabilities according to current development methodologies.
- Develop products that utilize web services including SOA, WCF, and RESTful Services.
- Develop reusable/common components.
- Assists team leads in the development and maintenance of coding standards and source control policies
- Responsible for ensuring coding standards, source control policies, coding patterns and practices, and Microsoft Enterprise Library and custom library objects are incorporated in daily responsibilities of all web development team members.
- Participates in application design and development discussions with clients and management to determine client needs and ensure that product adheres to established specifications and standards.
- Research and understand new and emerging technologies that may be applied to current and future infrastructure application development platforms.
- Perform complex modification, testing and debugging tasks on vendor supplied utilities and packages to ensure fit with current operating environment
- Collaborate with application analysts, vendors and users to ensure system integrations.
- Responsible for escalating technology and application issues with appropriate internal resources.
- Provides technical support for all assigned technologies.
- Ability to work with hospital systems.
- Mentors junior team members.
- Partners with the Project Management Office and participates in all phases of project implementation.
- Utilizes and maintains appropriate change control procedures and standards.
- On-call duties as required.
- 5+ years’ experience in web programming required.
- 2+ years’ experience in current Microsoft .Net development technologies.
- Experience with the current version of the following web authoring languages, database technologies, methodologies, tools and technologies, is required.
- Entity Framework
- Web Services / RESTful Services
- Visual Studio
- Source Control
- Agile and SCRUM development methodology
- Ability to troubleshoot technical problems related to the implementation and processing of software required
- Ability to research and analyze information required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Must have strong analytical skills with an ability to organize and communicate thoughts clearly
- 1+ years’ experience in IT Healthcare is a plus
High School diploma or GED required
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent field is a plus